Georgia United Foundation is proud to award five high school students $2,000 scholarships in partnership with the Gwinnett County Public Schools Foundation. The Young Leaders Scholarship recipients were selected based on academic standing and demonstrated leadership as a community volunteer, entrepreneur or school leader with results that make the community a better place.
On April 30, 2019, the award recipients and their families were invited to join Georgia United Credit Union’s president and CEO, Debbie Smith, for a reception at the corporate office.
“We are proud to award scholarships to these deserving young women who are dedicated to improving our communities, through our continued partnership with Gwinnett County Public Schools Foundation and Executive Women’s Day,” said Smith.
Congratulations to the 2019 Young Leaders scholarship winners:
· Ashley-Kay Fonkeng, Dacula High School; will attend University of Georgia
· Marcayla Hannah, Parkview High School; will attend Kennesaw State University
· Victoria Kabat, Collins Hill High School; will attend Georgia Institute of Technology
· Katherine Rodriguez, Mill Creek High School; will attend Georgia State University
· Vani Senthil, Duluth High School; will attend Augusta University